If you are not a licensed health care provider, you are required to complete several health sciences courses to sit for the IBCLC exam. Some of these courses must be completed at a college but 6 of them may be obtained via continuing education providers. This package covers 5 of those 6 courses, leaving only Basic Life Support for you to complete locally.
- Medical Terminology (2.9 R-CERPs)
- Introduction to Documentation in Healthcare (1.9 R-CERPs)
- Introduction to Infection Control Principles for the Lactation Consultant (1.4 R-CERPs)
- Rudiments of Ethical Considerations in Healthcare (3.7 E-CERPs & 3.7 contact hours)
- Occupational Safety in the Workplace (1.5 R-CERPs)
For specifics on exam requirements, please refer to the IBLCE’s document, Health Sciences Education Guide.
This program expires 12 months from the date of purchase. Program expiration dates can be extended at the discretion of MarieBiancuzzo.com or Breastfeeding Outlook.
Continuing Education Credits Included:
- 7.7 R-CERPs
- 3.7 E-CERPs
- 3.7 contact hours
CERPs for topic areas of the IBCLC Detailed Content Outline:
- 3.7 in Clinical Skills